Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Riding in the UK

I had been to a riding club near London. It is often said that English are posh riders, but I must deny that and tell you that I’ve seen far more “chique” riders in France! Not that it is a problem, but I have found out that it is hard to get accepted into such a group in France without introduction. This was absolutely no problem at all in this English club! As soon as  they saw that I shared the same passion (for horses), they considered Me immediately as one of them.
Me at the start of the ride
What I also noticed was that English are skilled and dedicated riders and that they pay close attention to a smart outfit, something I also find important. I find it a disgrace when riders come at the riding club in dirty boots or jacket or so. OK they can get dirty during a ride, but not at the start of it!
So I already made a few friends in the short period I was there and already made promises (and plans) to come back soon.


Lady Contessa Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment