Thursday, February 5, 2015

Clean boots

A few days ago, I heard a discussion between two novice riders in the manege. One was making a remark on the dirty boots of her friend and said that she always wanted to have clean boots for riding. I intervened and told them that in My opinion riding with dirty boots showed little respect for the sport. No need to say that I will never become best friends with the woman. Not that I care.
I indeed think riding in dirty boots is a disgrace to the nobility of the sport and lack of respect for it! The ones doing so are unworthy to ride horses and every horsewoman with selfrespect should always have her boots clean and shiny when mounting a horse. Of course I know that during a ride (or walk around the stables), boots can get dirty, but I am referring to people that arrive at the manege in boots that haven’t been seen polish for weeks! 
I know that I am in a priviledged position since I have two slaves that keep My boots spic & span without having to look at it. But I am sure that most horsewomen could get someone to do this for them. It is only conservatism of our society that puts pressure on the idea and withholds most women from making use of that possibility.
As you know, not My problem


Lady Contessa Pat

1 comment:

  1. It is a pity, that so many woman are not aware, that a lot of man would even pay money to take care of their boots

    ReplyDelete