Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Hiking with Mistress Carla



Me in the Eifel forest

Due to the excellent weather I rode a lot lately, doing even a few multiple day-trips in the Ardennes and the Eifel (Germany). Like that I had discovered many little cozy places and walking trails and had told My friend Carla about them. Since She liked hiking as well, I had invited her to make a nice tour through the Eifel.  So, although the weather was not as good as last weeks and it gets rather chilly from the late afternoon on, last Saturday We met in a little town in the region. We had agreed to bring one slave each along since I always like a slave around when hiking. Apart from general serving and carrying bags, they can also be good mounts when One gets a bit tired. However, Carla told Me that She did not feel comfortable on a human pony. I knew She does not ride horses, but never realized that She felt unsecure on top of a slave. However, after a few hours, I got a bit tired and I ordered jan into position to make Me mount easy.  Next I tried to convince My Friend and showed her the advantages of riding and how to control a human pony. First She remained reluctant, afraid to fail, afraid to run into other people, and so on. But, after some time talking her into it, She finally agreed. It was not easy since I had not only to convince Her that we were very remote, but I actually had to prove her. So I had mounted jan for at least fifteen minutes (without seeing anyone) before She finally decided to try it. Since She is not a rider and her slave johan is not familiar to be used as a pony, I had her first mount jan. And to My expectations and delight, She agreed on the comfort and the superior feeling it gives and that it is an excellent way of walking when One is a bit tired. After about ten minutes or so, We decided to try her slave johan as well. Since I am far more experienced in this, We thought it to be better that I rode her slave first to test him. So, I ordered him to go down on one knee and allow me to mount him. At first he indeed was very unstable and I had the feeling that I nearly would fell of a few times, but nevertheless, he managed to stay upright, and after that initial clumsiness he did quite well. So after another five minutes or so I proposed her to ride her own slave, which she did with delight.
While walking further like that, I explained her that I used to do this ponyboy-riding a lot before and that I normally have sharp spurs at My heels when doing so. Unfortunately I had not brought them although I had the intention of riding the boys when I left home. We walked further like that until a kilometer or so from the village where are cars were parked and We dismounted our slaves. We went for dinner in a nice restaurant while johan and jan just waited in the forest a few hundreds of meters away from the village.
I had the feeling that I had done a good job that day: learning a Friend how to overcome tiredness when hiking…


Lady Contessa Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment